This is a biopharma organization focused on discovering and developing monoclonal antibody drugs to enlist the natural immune system functions in the fight against cancer.
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - JO-1904-5245 Mid-Atlantic
The field-based Medical Science Liaison (MSL) and member of the Company’s Oncology Medical Affairs group will support a product launch and the Company’s pipeline of clinical stage immuno-oncology compounds.
The MSL will deliver clinical, scientific, and technical education about the Company’s products to key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other stakeholders within the medical oncology community. He/she will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and assuring the implementation of the Company’s corporate/scientific/clinical strategies with KOLs within academic, clinical, and healthcare organizations. These exchanges will support and/or expand therapeutic concepts, as well as ensure the safe and effective utilization of the Company’s product(s).
Additionally, the MSL will support the Company’s research initiatives and investigator-sponsored studies and participate in and contribute to projects and initiatives that increase the value and productivity of the Medical Affairs team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish the Company within the oncology community as committed to developing the next generation of immune-oncology product with ongoing outreach and education to the community.
- Engage healthcare practitioners in appropriate activities (e.g., disease state education).
- Collect and interpret medical insights and intelligence gathered from the scientific exchange with KOLs and communicate relevant information to internal stakeholders in order to define, update, and support medical strategies.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with external experts vital to product development.
- Participate in and contribute to projects and initiatives that increase the value and productivity of Medical Affairs.
- Adhere to corporate SOPs and ensure vigilant compliance with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines governing scientific interactions with physicians and healthcare professionals across all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Attend appropriate scientific meetings and remain current of emerging scientific information and treatment options in relevant therapeutic areas/tumor types.
- Be solidly versed in the clinical data such that the full range of innovative science, clinical, outcome, economic and value aspects of the Company’s products can be appreciated by the healthcare practitioner, formulary member or Payer.
- Provide medical support, clinical input, and/or training to internal teams as requested.
- Collaborate with R&D team to support sites and investigators participating in the Company-sponsored clinical trials
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced clinical/science degree: PharmD, PhD, DO or MD, PA or NP experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of combined clinical or Medical Affairs experience (solid tumor/oncology) is preferred and/or MSL experience required with a positive track record of success.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, team, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages.
- Understands key clinical phases, processes, and techniques involved in drug development.
- Results-oriented in meeting objectives. Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, and timely decision-making.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to travel (up to 75%, approximately 8-10 overnights per month) within the territory. Potential occasional travel outside the territory for training, conferences, etc.
- Must live in close proximity to a major airport.
- Valid driver’s license.
TriNet Pharma is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs professionals in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Device, and Diagnostic industries in the United States and Europe. What began as a small firm focused primarily on the identification and placement of Medical Science Liaisons has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for providing Medical Director Services (MDS) and Medical Science Liaison Services (MSLs). TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Affairs professionals at the Medical Science Liaison, Associate Medical Director, Director, Senior Director, and Vice-President levels across multiple therapeutic areas. The company continues to benefit from a performance-based culture built upon the core values of trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy exponential, year-over-year growth since entering the Medical Affairs arena.