This pharmaceutical company strives to diminish the effects and outcomes of atypical and pernicious diseases by providing critically needed therapies. The Company partners with rare disease communities to broaden awareness, advance diagnosis, and increase the availability of therapies for people with anomalous diseases.
Position Title: Medical Science Liaison (MSL) — JO#1907-5298
The MSL reports to the Director of Medical Affairs and acts as a field-based scientific expert fostering collaborative relationships with KOLs. The MSL also facilitates the exchange of unbiased scientific information between the medical community and the Company. The MSL will combine strong business acumen and clinical expertise and serve as a peer-to-peer liaison internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clinical/scientific presentations to healthcare professionals, including medical geneticists, hematologists, and neonatologists. Support the medical community with current medical information, exceptional disease expertise, and product information.
- Provide scientific/medical support at conferences and contribute to scientific/medical planning and execution of Advisory Boards.
- Establish, collaborate with, and maintain relationships with key medical experts in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Use a customized approach to responding to unsolicited medical information requests.
- Collaborate with physicians on Medical Affairs initiatives, including providing assistance with publications and investigator-initiated trials and company-sponsored research.
- Support clinical initiatives (e.g., assessment and selection of clinical investigations, site identification, registry, and presentation of final approved data).
- Work with physician experts to review speaker presentations and provide medical references when requested.
- Train staff, including sales team on key scientific/medical topics in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Help develop and review professional slide decks, clinical summaries, medical letters, and sales materials.
- Comply with all internal/external legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Thoroughly know the role and contributions provided by MSLs and Medical Affairs.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- MD, DO, Ph.D., PharmD, CGC, or equivalent in Medical or Biological Sciences.
- Minimum of one year of experience in clinical research, clinical coordinator, clinical nurse role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of drug development processes, FDA, ICH, and GCP guidelines.
- Experience implementing, monitoring, and/or managing clinical trials for academic clinical research or pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies.
- Ability to review and interpret clinical data and manage projects.
- Experience with rare diseases a plus, including Medical Affairs, clinical practice, research.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Acts honestly, fairly, and ethically.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and convincingly. Good listener.
- Assists in developing new members of the Company/team when necessary.
- Tactically implement predefined programs and projects.
- Solves issues of moderate complexity.
- Work independently on issues where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of different factors.
- Monitors expenditures.
- Pursues self-development.
TriNet Pharma is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs professionals in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Device, and Diagnostic industries in the United States and Europe. What began as a small firm focused primarily on the identification and placement of Medical Science Liaisons has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for providing Medical Director Services (MDS) and Medical Science Liaison Services (MSLs). TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Affairs professionals at the Medical Science Liaison, Associate Medical Director, Director, Senior Director, and Vice-President levels across multiple therapeutic areas. The company continues to benefit from a performance-based culture built upon the core values of trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy exponential, year-over-year growth since entering the Medical Affairs arena.