This is a molecular diagnostics company. They concentrate on developing products for the early detection and prevention of various cancers.
Position Title: Associate Director, Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs)
This is a field-based position.
JOB ORDER 1908-5307 - East Region, including: Alabama; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Illinois; Indiana; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Mississippi; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; Ohio; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; Tennessee; Vermont; Virginia; West Virginia; Wisconsin
The Associate Director is a leadership position within Medical Affairs, including the primary role of leading a team of regionally-based Medical Science Liaisons. S/he will collaborate with Marketing and Sales leadership and their teams to develop the strategic implementation and relaunch of regionally-based MSLs. S/he will provide national leadership and support to drive strategic scientific exchange, clinical education, and key opinion leader (KOL) identification and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts in a leadership capacity for the Medical Affairs team and works closely with headquarters, laboratory, and field-based teams to implement customer strategies aligned with scientific exchange, clinical education, and key opinion leader engagement.
- Manages MSL collaboration and support with headquarters functions, including Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Commercial Operations, Corporate Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Compliance/Legal.
- Develops and implements strategies, SOPs, and processes to ensure that MSLs perform their duties to meet objectives and are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate Sales and Marketing departments to create and implement educational strategies for key clients.
- Delivers insight into market trends and competition.
- Builds relationships and assists in the development of KOLs as potential speakers (or collaborators) for the Company.
- Builds relationships with key decision-makers in health systems, medical groups, healthcare provider offices, state departments of public health, advocacy organizations, and national/regional professional societies.
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs leadership in the development and implementation of the strategy for the identification and development of KOLs.
- Collaborates with clients and thought leaders on a national, regional, and local level to develop clinical insights that support medical research associated with new and existing products.
- Collects and reports market information within company guidelines.
- Provides the Clinical Affairs team with recommendations on investigator and site selection for future trials and studies.
- Delivers insights to the Salesforce Effectiveness team regarding opportunities for updates and improvements in training for leadership and management.
- Attends regional and national tradeshows, symposia, and scientific/clinical meetings.
- Identifies national/regional educational events such as patient education events and CME events.
- Manages time and travel expense budget to support scientific exchange and clinical education activities at key national accounts.
- Becomes proficient in and demonstrates the ability to understand the major data sources (clinical trials, studies, published reports, etc.) relative to the use of the Company’s products.
- Upholds company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Supports and complies with the Company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Master’s degree: MPH/ MPA /MS or Doctorate degree: PhD/PharmD.
- 8+ years of industry experience in healthcare or medical technology fields within Medical Affairs or similar industry experience.
- 3 years or more experience managing MSL teams.
- Oncology or gastrointestinal experience preferred.
- Experience in public health, population health management, health insurance, and medical quality preferred, as well as experience with clinical trials.
- Experience with screening and wellness programs is strongly desired.
- Must be willing to travel at least 70% within the United States, as needed.
TriNet Pharma is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs professionals in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Device, and Diagnostic industries in the United States and around the world. What began as a small firm focused primarily on the identification and placement of Medical Science Liaisons has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for providing Medical Director Services (MDS) and Medical Science Liaison Services (MSLs). TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Affairs professionals at the Medical Science Liaison, Associate Medical Director, Director, Senior Director, and executive levels across multiple therapeutic areas. The company benefits from a performance-based culture built upon the core values of trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy exponential, year-over-year growth since entering the Medical Affairs arena.