This is a biotechnology company that identifies, develops, and markets therapeutic treatments for cancer and inflammatory disorders.
Regional Medical Liaison
This is a field-based position. There is an opportunity in three territories:
JOB ORDER 1908-5308 - North Texas (Dallas/Ft Worth), Oklahoma, Arkansas
JOB ORDER 1908-5310 - Philadelphia
JOB ORDER 1910-5336 - South Florida
JOB ORDER 1910-5350 - Illinois (Chicago)
JOB ORDER 2002-5382 - Boston
The Regional Medical Liaison (RML) is responsible for developing and strengthening professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development. Via scientific exchange, the RML will provide medical information in an evidence-based, fair, and balanced manner. Additionally, S/he will provide clinical/scientific support for the Company and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
The RML must have established credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to the Company.
- Deliver clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions in academic and healthcare provider communities, in group and one-on-one settings.
- Collaborate with the Company’s clinical organization to enhance patient enrollment in Company-sponsored clinical trials. This includes identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies.
- Serve as a primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator-initiated research.
- Develop and execute territory plans aligned with regional and national plans of action (POAs).
- Assist in the reconnaissance of the market landscape determination and competitive intelligence, including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace.
- Provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
- Provide scientific support at medical congresses.
- Ability to travel over a broad geography. The position involves 60% travel time.
- Ability to drive within assigned territory by automobile and travel within other territories by airplane.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Completed MD, DO, PharmD, MSN, PhD or MS in a scientific discipline.
- Experience in training and resource development.
- 2-plus years of experience as a Neurology/Multiple Sclerosis Medical Liaison
- Experience in the Neurology/Multiple Sclerosis therapeutic area with an established track record of working with top tier KOLs.
- They must live within the territory and close to a major airport.
- Can maintain a flexible and dynamic model for KOL/Investigator coverage.
- Full understanding of clinical research processes and GCP requirements.
TriNet Pharma is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs professionals in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Device, and Diagnostic industries in the United States and around the world. What began as a small firm focused primarily on the identification and placement of Medical Science Liaisons has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for providing Medical Director Services (MDS) and Medical Science Liaison Services (MSLs). TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Affairs professionals at the Medical Science Liaison, Associate Medical Director, Director, Senior Director, and executive levels across multiple therapeutic areas. The company benefits from a performance-based culture built upon the core values of trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy exponential, year-over-year growth since entering the Medical Affairs arena.