This is an investigational stage neuroscience pharmaceutical company developing therapeutics to address currently unmet needs.
Position Title: Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- JOB ORDER 1908-5311 - Northeast: Connecticut; Maine; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New York; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; Vermont
- JOB ORDER 1908-5312 - Ohio Valley: Kentucky; Ohio; Tennessee; Virginia; West Virginia
- JOB ORDER 1908-5313 - Southwest: Arizona; California; Colorado; New Mexico
- JOB ORDER 1908-5314 - Northwest: California; Idaho; Nevada; Oregon; Utah; Washington
This is a field-based position. The candidate will have scientific, clinical, and therapeutic area expertise to effectively engage key opinion leaders (KOLs), healthcare professionals, formulary access decision-makers, and internal stakeholders. He/she will be a subject matter expert and support a key product and its pipeline within the therapeutic area of epilepsy/other CNS conditions. The person in this role will contribute their insights and analytics gathered from the field and will use the information to create strategic initiatives.
- In the areas of epilepsy, neuroscience, and drug delivery technology engage medical thought leaders, other healthcare professionals, researchers, and academic centers of excellence. Ensure access to current and emerging information.
- In alignment with the goals, objectives, and regulations of Clinical Development and Medical Affairs develop and execute strategic and tactical plans.
- In collaboration with market access colleagues, present disease state and product-specific clinical/scientific information to payers, formulary committees, and other market access decision-makers.
- Synthesize information gathered in the field and use it to contribute to the strategic objectives of the publication plan, HEOR strategy, and medical information services.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the product pipeline and proprietary technology portfolio in support of internal objectives (e.g., employee training, development of educational materials, and advisory boards).
- Engage in clinical trial site selection for pipeline development programs in collaboration with a CRO.
- Serve as the primary contact for investigators interested in developing and conducting physician-initiated clinical studies.
- Contribute to the MSL portion of the lead product candidate’s Launch Readiness Plan.
- Represent the company/product at various conferences and lead special project teams as assigned.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Prefer 2 years of experience in the MSL role demonstrating effective and compliant relationships.
- Prefer corporate experience in the neuroscience therapeutic area, particularly within epilepsy.
- Prior experience with healthcare economics and the market access environment (e.g., P&T Committees, Dossiers) is favorable.
- Functional understanding of the rules, regulations, and procedures that govern Clinical Development and Medical Affairs.
- Works independently, collaboratively, and cross-functionally within a rapidly developing and team-oriented environment.
- Strong tactical execution skills which include strategic prioritization of activity within a defined territory.
- Practical and effective analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional dedication to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, their families, and caregivers.
TriNet Pharma is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs professionals in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Device, and Diagnostic industries in the United States and around the world. What began as a small firm focused primarily on the identification and placement of Medical Science Liaisons has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for providing Medical Director Services (MDS) and Medical Science Liaison Services (MSLs). TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Affairs professionals at the Medical Science Liaison, Associate Medical Director, Director, Senior Director, and executive levels across multiple therapeutic areas. The company benefits from a performance-based culture built upon the core values of trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy exponential, year-over-year growth since entering the Medical Affairs arena.