A large global generic pharmaceutical company.
Position Title: Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Dermatology (JO-1908-5315)
- MidAtlantic - Delaware; Maryland; Pennsylvania; Virginia; Washington, DC
The MSL will identify and interact with a distinct group of thought leaders across the United States, including healthcare professionals, payers, and managed care. He/she will consistently deliver compliant and evidence-based educational/scientific information. More specifically, the MSL will engage healthcare practitioners, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who are in clinical practice attending to patients with psoriasis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and engage with healthcare providers/thought leaders to advance the Company’s scientific platform, including complex scientific data and research concepts. Additionally, provide financial value information to payers and formulary decision-makers.
- Respond to requests for investigator-sponsored research proposals. Share and present the information to the Company. The MSL will be the point of contact with healthcare practitioners if research is accepted and funded by the Company.
- Answer scientific inquiries consistent with MSL compliance standards.
- When delegated, support MSL strategies by participating in or leading committees/teams.
- Pursue opportunities to demonstrate the Company’s values and leadership qualities.
- Gain customer feedback, unveil business opportunities and pair the customer’s unmet needs with available internal resources.
- Effectively interface with Company peers and clinical and commercial staff. Train staff when required.
- Comply with the Company’s healthcare compliance SOPs and US regulations.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Doctorate degree required (PharmD, MD, DO, PhD, DNP).
- Immunology and/or dermatology experience.
- 2-3 years of clinical experience is required.
- 1-2 years of field medical experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, FDA requirements, and PhRMA code.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, team, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and education skills. Can communicate clinical and non-clinical, technical information effectively.
- Strong project manager.
- Travel up to 60-70%.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid driver’s license.
TriNet Pharma is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs professionals in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Device, and Diagnostic industries in the United States and around the world. What began as a small firm focused primarily on the identification and placement of Medical Science Liaisons has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for providing Medical Director Services (MDS) and Medical Science Liaison Services (MSLs). TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Affairs professionals at the Medical Science Liaison, Associate Medical Director, Director, Senior Director, and executive levels across multiple therapeutic areas. The company benefits from a performance-based culture built upon the core values of trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy exponential, year-over-year growth since entering the Medical Affairs arena.