This is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing hematology/oncology products.
Position Title: Medical Director/Senior Medical Director, Oncology/Hematology - JO#2011-5501
The Medical Director will serve as a scientific and medical resource for the Medical Affairs department and the cross-functional team. S/he will develop strategic and tactical plans, manage the Medical Affairs team, and collaboratively implement and execute projects.
The Medical Director will also provide medical expertise and leadership to internal departments and interface with other internal teams, external partners, Key Opinion Leaders, and physicians in the community. S/he will be a bridge to teams to ensure the company is reaching its corporate and brand goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a strategy for the utilization of data generated from preclinical and clinical studies.
- Support Clinical Development and Clinical Operations to ensure the successful execution of the company’s clinical trials program.
- Support and coordinate with Preclinical and Clinical teams on strategic priorities
- Serve on cross-functional teams as the scientific expert and participate in teams with the goal of developing and implementing integrated clinical and commercial strategies for company products.
- Lead and coordinate assigned projects for the Medical Affairs team.
- Collaborate with the Field Medical Liaison team and support reactive material development to address their healthcare provider questions.
- Lead the strategy and collaborate with the Evidence Generation Lead/Team in developing real-world evidence in support of product reimbursement and life cycle.
- Cooperate with Medical Information Specialists (or equivalent) on the development of medical information letters and documents.
- Provide scientific and medical leadership as needed for publication planning and execution.
- Develop publication strategy and execute accordingly; act as the primary owner of publications when appropriate; review and edit publications, posters, and presentations.
- Establish and nurture strategic alliances and partnerships, as needed, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate and closely coordinate with Commercial teams to compliantly support their marketing efforts.
- Provide disease state and compound education to internal Marketing and Sales personnel.
- Collaborates with and provides scientific and clinical support and training for internal departments. Externally, the same level of collaboration and support is required for audiences such as health care providers, patient advocates, formulary, and clinical guidelines decision-makers.
- Exhibit leadership skills within and outside of the organization.
- Support high-quality execution of corporate-wide initiatives.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced degree required – MD, PhD, PharmD.
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years of experience of subspecialty training and/or clinical/extensive industry experience in oncology and hematology (preferred) or 8+ years of external pharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent previous experience working with Medical Affairs teams (level will depend on years of experience in these areas).
- Experience and understanding of the drug development process.
- Must have experience and a history of successfully leading projects and people including training successful individuals, cross-functional teams, and departments.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a strong leadership presence.
- Demonstrated proficiency in presenting clinical and non-clinical data to external audiences.
- Experience in strategic and tactical planning for the launch of the marketed product(s.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders including the ability to tailor messages to both scientific and non-scientific audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills to quickly build rapport and credibility with key external stakeholders as well as internal stakeholders In-depth knowledge of study methodology, study data reviews, and analysis.
- Passion for educating health professionals to optimize the delivery of medical care, including the appropriate use of pharmaceuticals.
- Travel: 40% overnight travel is required (US and international).
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.
TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Science Liaisons, Clinical Trial Liaisons, and director-level and executive-level professionals across multiple therapeutic areas. The company has a performance-based culture built upon trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy year-over-year growth.
Learn more at www.trinetpharma.com.