This is a biopharmaceutical company that develops therapeutics to regulate inflammation, treat cancer, and manage autoimmune diseases.
Senior/Medical Science Liaison (MSL), #2101-5525
The MSL will develop, coordinate, and implement the company’s corporate, scientific, and clinical strategies in their territory.
The MSL will act as a subject matter expert and compliantly engage in the exchange of medical and scientific information with Key Opinion Leaders, researchers, payers, and others relevant to the company’s therapeutic areas of interest. Insights gathered and the information shared during these exchanges will inform development and business strategies.
The MSL will ensure the safe and effective utilization of approved products through appropriate communication of medical information.
S/he will serve as a mentor and skills coach to MSL colleagues. The MSL will contribute to and/or lead projects that increase the value and productivity of the Medical Affairs team.
This position reports to the Director, Medical Science Liaisons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify KOLs and other external stakeholders within the territory and establish long-term, collaborative, peer relationships by engaging in regular scientific exchange.
- Facilitate KOL development and help identify areas of mutual interest and collaboration.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in company products and relevant disease states through self-learning and company-directed training.
- Support MSL training initiatives and coordinate with Director to manage team field activities.
- Present clinical and scientific data to payer groups and formulary plans. Serve as a company resource and disseminate appropriate scientific information via individual meetings and group presentations to HCPs, large group medical practices, payers, and formulary decision-makers.
- Provide medical/clinical teams with feedback and insights from interactions with KOLs and investigators.
- Promptly respond to and document unsolicited requests for information on the company’s products and clinical programs.
- Participate in and support the training of field-based and home office employees.
- Contribute to and/or lead the development of Medical Affairs resources and scientific publications.
- Facilitate research collaborations with key investigators.
- Represent the company at scientific congresses through Medical Affairs’ Scientific Booth coverage and other related activities.
- Engage in speaker identification, training, and evaluation, and provide support for advisory board meetings as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Market Access and Commercial colleagues for thought leader and institutional engagement where appropriate.
- Adhere to corporate SOPs and ensure vigilant compliance with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines governing scientific interactions with physicians and healthcare professionals across all activities.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- An advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, or MD) strongly preferred; advanced professional degree (e.g. NP, PA, R.Ph., MA, BSN) will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous MSL experience; experience in rare disease, rheumatology, nephrology, and/or immunology preferred.
- Experience working with and presenting to payers of formulary committees strongly preferred.
- Advanced training and/or practical experience in outcomes research, pharmacy administration, health economics, public health, managed markets, the pharmaceutical industry or academic setting a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 60-70% of the time, including overnight stays.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements and PhRMA Code, including regulations governing compliant scientific exchange.
- Demonstrated mentoring or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and work in cross-functional network/matrix.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.
TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Science Liaisons, Clinical Trial Liaisons, and director-level and executive-level professionals across multiple therapeutic areas. The company has a performance-based culture built upon trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy year-over-year growth.
Learn more at www.trinetpharma.com.