This is a life sciences company focused on developing therapeutics for muscular dysfunction.
Position Title: Medical Science Liaison (MSL), Managed Care (JO-2105-5581)
The MSL will establish and maintain professional relationships with the payer and managed care health networks, medical and pharmacy directors, P&T Committees. and other decision-makers to communicate scientific, clinical and health economic information in a balanced and objective fashion.
As a member of Medical Affairs, the MSL will work closely with Commercial functions to execute medical and market strategy for the company.
Essential Duties and Qualifications:
- Establish a respected presence in the payer and managed care community with Key Opinion Leaders, Medical Directors, Pharmacy Directors, Clinical Pharmacists, and Disease Management Teams to support brand/disease value propositions and quality improvement across all the company’s development areas, including heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and neuromuscular.
- Support external entities with analysis, interpretation, and incorporation of clinical and HEOR data related to the company’s medicines.
- Communicate scientific and health economic information clearly and in full compliance with the company’s policies in a variety of settings, including internal company meetings, advisory boards, and discussions with healthcare providers.
- Provide scientific and medical support to the internal Value & Access partners.
- Provide insights into global HEOR and comparative effectiveness research, pricing research, and applicable models (budget impact, total cost of care, readmission calculator) to support formulary and coverage decisions.
- Serve as a liaison for the review, submission, execution, completion of HEOR studies with external vendors and research partners.
- Maintain knowledge of the heart failure and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy fields, stay current on leading-edge medicines and development efforts, and provide expertise for business development opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of ALS and neuromuscular development programs at the company.
- Support medical information, publications, medical education, speaker training, and investigator-sponsored studies.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced degree in medical science (MD, PharmD, or PhD); PharmD preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a field Medical Scientist (equivalent to MSL) or relevant managed care medical role, with experience in institutional settings preferred.
- Background and experience in cardiology preferred, with an understanding of drug development and lifecycle development of a medicine.
- Understanding and knowledge of the clinical, commercial and regulatory issues affecting the pharmaceutical and managed markets industries.
- Knowledge of health economics and ability to communicate cost-effectiveness and budget impact models to the managed care community.
- Demonstrated strength in understanding and effectively communicating scientific and medical information as it relates to managed markets.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the FDA, Pharma Code, and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in an ever‐changing environment.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.
TriNet Pharma has identified and placed Medical Science Liaisons, Clinical Trial Liaisons, and director-level and executive-level professionals across multiple therapeutic areas. The company has a performance-based culture built upon trust, leadership, expertise, and accountability, which have allowed it to enjoy year-over-year growth.
Learn more at www.trinetpharma.com.