This is a biopharma organization advancing therapeutics to treat kidney diseases.
Contract Medical Science Liaison JO#2107-5599
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for scientific exchange with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), education of healthcare providers on Client Company products and disease states of interest. The MSL will also facilitate regional clinical research development and clinical support. This role functions as a regional medical and scientific resource, and the MSL works to pair the changing needs of healthcare professionals with available Client Company resources. The MSL works under the guidance of an MSL manager at TriNet Pharma and may work with a Client Company manager within the medical, scientific, or clinical departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and build collaborations with KOLs for medical education and potential clinical research opportunities.
- Provide support for academic and government researchers and healthcare providers interested in doing research with Client Company products.
- Create awareness of Client Company product attributes, therapeutic benefits, and appropriate uses.
- Assist in the development of strategic KOL plans to provide needs-based, value-added services.
- Provide relevant medical and scientific information and literature, within corporate guidelines, for healthcare provider education.
- Provide field-based medical and scientific support to answer unsolicited questions about Client Company products and related therapeutic areas.
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of Client Company, its products, current medical and scientific research and publications in therapeutic areas of interest to Client Company.
- Provide relevant medical and scientific support for healthcare providers, third-party payers, and other managed care audiences.
- Provide medical and scientific support for medical education initiatives (e.g., speaker training).
- Deliver high-quality educational presentations in a variety of settings (e.g., formulary committees, medical meetings, and allied healthcare professionals’ meetings) and obtain feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization.
- Professionally represent Client Company at select medical meetings and programs.
- Use appropriate, ethical judgment in the distribution of all information, whether written or verbal.
- Provide medical and scientific training support to internal colleagues upon request.
- Collaborate with US and global Medical Affairs personnel in projects, including identification of KOLs for advisory boards and/or authors for manuscripts & abstracts.
- Participate in internal therapeutic advisory groups and project teams.
- Provide local medical support for certain internal strategic initiatives, such as consultant and advisory meetings.
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources.
- Complete accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and other required documentation.
- Be responsible for the first-line review of investigator-sponsored studies originating from the territory, and, in collaboration with MSL director/manager, facilitate the submission, review and approval processes for investigator-sponsored studies.
- Act as liaison between external clinical investigators and Client Company internal colleagues to assure timely follow-up of all communications, from proposal to publication, where appropriate.
- Provide support for corporate-sponsored studies, including recommending sites and/or Investigators for clinical trials.
- Knowledge of Client Company products and compounds, knowledge of literature review functions, and Client Company scientific strategy and systems.
- Serve as a resource for scientific and safety review of ISS submissions and reporting of feedback and recommendations to MSL managers/directors.
- Ensure that the MSLs’ business, managed care and technology activities are aligned with Client Company activities.
- Engage in scientific interchange within the medical, scientific and clinical organizations and teams.
- Coordinate cross-alignment activities and teams.
- Facilitate clinical research activities, i.e., ISS concept reviews and reporting, completion of concept/protocol follow-up activities, recommendation of sites to Clinical, and other activities as assigned.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced scientific degree (Doctorate Level) or equivalent required.
- Clinical experience within relevant therapeutic areas is preferred.
- Track record of providing effective and influential oral presentations and of holding discussions with healthcare professionals within the therapeutic area(s) of interest to the Client Company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of MSL roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of pharmaceutical industry practices and standard medical practices in the therapeutic area(s) of concentration.
- Able to cultivate and maintain relationships with national, regional, and local KOLs to establish trust through the consistent demonstration of scientific expertise and satisfactory follow-through to requests from thought-leaders.
- Able to comprehend and communicate research results across a diverse audience.
- Professional communications (written, verbal, presentation, and listening) to cultivate and nurture strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Comprehension of Client Company products as well as medical, marketing, legal, and regulatory issues and compliance.
- Demonstrate understanding of the clinical trial and investigator-sponsored study processes.
- Able to work effectively on multi-disciplinary teams in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Skills to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Able to work independently, within a home office while efficiently managing time and priorities.
- Highly professional and ethical manner.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.
Learn more at www.trinetpharma.com.