This is a biopharmaceutical company developing therapeutics for those who suffer from serious diseases.
Position Title: Global Medical Strategy Lead (JO#2107-5621)
Therapeutic Area: Central Nervous System
Indication: Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
The Global Medical Strategy Lead will create the US and Global Medical Strategy for an orphan disease and be responsible for the co-execution of the plan.
This person will work in close collaboration with cross-functional colleagues in Regulatory, Market Access, Clinical Development, Commercial, Corporate Affairs, Patient Advocacy, and other key cross functions. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with a strategic and innovative style combined with a flexible, hands-on nature that works with a high sense of urgency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead team to plan and deliver on scientific narrative for the brand, including the scientific engagement and medical performance for the product via a Medical Strategic Plan.
- Guide the sub-functions related to the Medical Strategic Plan (Med Comms, Med Info, Publications, IME, HEOR, IIRs, Phase IV studies, Global KOL engagement planning, etc.) to ensure seamless execution of the Medical Strategic Plan and co-development of the medical/scientific messaging.
- Internally socialize the Medical Strategic Plan and align with cross-functional colleagues as appropriate.
- Establish and manage the budget and headcount related to the Medical Strategic Plan for the product.
- When applicable, lead the design and execution of Phase IIIB/ IV evidence generation studies, including post-approval commitments; Manage IIRs; Lead/Contribute to LCM activities.
- Be the lead as the externally facing representative for the product. Build and maintain relationships with US and Global KOLs and other emerging medical/clinical/scientific leaders, researchers, Payers, professional societies/organizations and patient advocacy groups within the community.
- Gather insights from key external stakeholders to help shape the Medical Strategic Plan.
- Lead Advisory Board meetings, conduct data presentations at congresses, and other externally facing company events.
- As needed, conduct internal training for cross-functional partners.
- Provide medical expertise to the team and other cross-functional teams, such as Commercial. As a content expert, review promotional materials, abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical or commercial documents for promotional and/or scientific use.
- Compliantly collaborate with internal colleagues to ensure alignment with the Medical Strategic Plan and ensure timely communication with internal colleagues re: insights and needs gained from interactions with external customers.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- MD/DO (preferred), PhD, PharmD, or another advanced degree in the life sciences with 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience with relevant experience in Medical Affairs required.
- Experience developing and executing medical strategies. Prior experience as Medical Director/Lead highly preferred.
- Experience with rare disease and/or musculoskeletal disorders is desired.
- Flexible and able to work on multiple projects with aggressive timelines, in a small, growing biopharmaceutical company. Must be hard-working, energetic and passionate about making a difference with the highest integrity; committed to ethics and scientific standards.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external stakeholders. Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative.
- Ability to work independently yet engage in collaborative decision-making to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid-paced environment.
- Experienced and demonstrated success with publications, internal training, statistical analysis, medical communications, and core functions.
- Strong background in the ethical evaluation of research projects and proven ability to conduct medical and scientific analysis and decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated, taking the self-directed initiative to solve complex and challenging problems..
- Willingness to travel 40-50% of the time to attend 1:1 KOL meetings, Medical Congresses, and Medical Society meetings.
- Local candidates preferred.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.
Learn more at www.trinetpharma.com.