This is a pharmaceutical company that focuses on discovering and developing new therapeutic drugs for the treatment of cancer and other critical diseases.
Position Title: Medical Director, Global Medical and Scientific Affairs (Hematology) - Job #2112-5681
Therapeutic Area: Hematology-Oncology
The Medical Director provides scientific and medical leadership and support for compounds in various stages of clinical development, including approved products in the Hematology/Oncology therapeutic area.
S/he will be included in integrated strategic planning and the execution of plans within Global Medical and Scientific Affairs (GMSA) and with partners in the U.S. Commercial organization, Research and Development, and Market Access.
The Medical Director manages the medical strategy for Hematologic Malignancies and executes the medical plan for the therapeutic area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of Medical Affairs plans within the assigned hematology/oncology disease area.
- Ensure effective evidence generation, medical education, training, and scientific communication to drive launch excellence.
- Partner with GMSA leads, as well as cross-functional leaders in Research and Development and Commercial to execute a medical plan in the assigned therapeutic area that is aligned with the brand strategy.
- Develop and lead a robust engagement strategy with Oncology thought leaders and build advocacy with top-tier individuals.
- Work closely with Field-Based Medical Affairs on training, messaging, and prioritization of field activities to ensure successful execution of tactics supporting the overall medical strategy.
- Generate actionable insights to aid the medical, clinical, and marketing teams to identify gaps and influence drug/brand development.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for internal and external programming, including symposia, advisory boards, and steering committees.
- Lead strategy development for investigator-sponsored studies within the assigned therapeutic area and support the evaluation of company-sponsored trial design and execution.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced degree in a health-related field, MD preferred with experience in Hematology/Oncology.
- Prior Medical Affairs experience, minimum of 5 years preferred.
- Experience and understanding of oncology drug development.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Knowledgeable of competitive products and their application.
- Strong expertise in the conduct of clinical trials in hematology/oncology, with proficiency in critical data review and interpretation.
- Product lifecycle management experience is highly preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of the compliance issues concerning the Medical Affairs function.
- Support successful cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams in changing the competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing customer needs.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, including presentations to large groups, facilitation of interactive discussions, and 1:1 scientific discussions with thought leaders.
- Demonstrated customer focus orientation & credibility with customers.
- Knowledge/application of data sources, reports, and tools for the creation of solid plans.
- Ability to successfully collaborate in a diverse workgroup, motivate and maximize productivity.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills and solid experience in translating medical/clinical information into Medical Affairs strategies.
- Ability to think strategically, good leadership skills, efficiently manage time and priorities, and able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Collaborative mindset, good communication skills.
- Travel requirement; approximately 20% (including international).
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.