This company specializes in diagnostic testing for cancer.
Position Title: Medical Science Liaison
Therapeutic Area: Diagnostics/Device - Oncology
- Northeast - 2201-5710
- Pacific Northwest - 2201-5711
- California - 2201-5712
- Rocky Mountain - 2201-5713
- South Central - 2201-5714
- Upper Midwest - 2201-5715
- Ohio Valley - 2201-5716
- NY/NJ/PA - 2201-5717
- Southeast - 2201-5718
- MidAtlantic - 2201-5719
The Medical Science Liaison facilitates scientific exchange and education on the Company’s products with internal teams and with external clinical and community clients and Key Opinion Leaders.
S/he develops and expands a network of KOLs through interactions to establish and maintain medical and scientific relationships and identify opportunities for research studies to drive publications and presentations.
S/he initiates and oversees research collaborations and clinical studies. As a dynamic and collaborative member of the Medical Affairs team, the Medical Science Liaison establishes strong internal relationships across various functional departments.
Reports to the VP Medical Affairs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and maintain strong relationships with academic and community physicians, KOLs, research leaders, other healthcare providers, and foundations.
- Identify research opportunities and collaborations with oncologists and hematologists on clinical studies that support current test offerings and internal R&D programs for multiple products.
- Facilitate knowledge and education of relevant medical and scientific content on the Company’s products to clinical and community oncologists and pathologists as well as to internal team departments.
- Develop strong client engagement through phone conferences, webinars, speaker engagements, and site visits, including regional travel and a strong presence at all major conferences and trade shows.
- Initiate internal and external research projects from concept to completion and create scientific content in collaboration with the Medical Affairs team.
- Manage and develop an assigned territory with minimal supervision.
- Read, analyze, and interpret scientific and professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations and guidelines; gather market intelligence on new products in development and updates on molecular biomarkers and oncology diagnostic testing.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of high-level experts, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Collaborate and engage with various internal departments.
- Participate in medical updates, scientific presentations, journal clubs, teleconferences, and meetings as a primary clinical resource.
- Maintain in full compliance with relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Build awareness and education for the Company’s products and offerings.
- Build a network of KOLs and initiate collaborations in which the Company’s products support clinical studies and research collaborations.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external staff.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced medical or scientific degree and/or professional credentials: MD, PhD, or PharmD strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of oncology/ molecular / pathology experience strongly preferred.
- Clinical research and/or patient care experience in oncology, hematology, clinical laboratory sciences, genetics, or a relevant medical specialty.
- Scientific presentation and publication record.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively are required.
- Travel approximately 50%.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing direct-hire and contract Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.