This is a life sciences company focused on developing therapeutics for muscular dysfunction.
Position Title: Cardiovascular Medical Science Liaison
- 2202-5730 - Midwest: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska
- 2202-5731 - North Central: Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
- 2202-5732 - Eastern Great Lakes Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania
- Cardiovascular-Heart Failure
The Cardiovascular Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a key field-based scientific resource for healthcare providers, patients, industry partners, and internal colleagues. The MSL will maintain critical cross-functional relationships across Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and Commercial. S/he will initially focus on Key Opinion Leaders and HCPs in the cardiovascular therapeutic area. This role reports to the Director, Cardiovascular Medical Science
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify national, regional, and local Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) involved with the provision of cardiovascular care within institutional care centers and engage them in proactive and reactive scientific exchange
- Maintain and broaden professional relationships with HCPs in institutional care centers to expand research, advisory, and educational partnership opportunities.
- Identify areas of unmet medical need, and assure thoughtful exchange of current medical information related to products in development and therapeutic areas of importance.
- Act as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, internal meetings, and patient advocacy group meetings.
- Maintain a high level of scientific knowledge and understanding about disease state, underlying science, treatment guidelines, available treatment agents, and options, including those under development.
- Maintain a superior understanding of current trends in clinical research, competitive developments, patient care, and their impact on the Company’s medical strategies.
- Work with Medical Affairs and other internal colleagues on initiatives, including medical information, publications, medical education, grants, speaker training, and other educational programs.
- Support clinical development programs by serving as a key point of contact for company-sponsored trial investigators, investigator-initiated research, and registries consistent with company objectives and regulations.
- Generate field plans to identify collaborative opportunities with KOLs and institutions, review scientific program of relevant conferences, attend sessions, support exhibit booth operations, and contribute to a timely written conference report summarizing key information, activities, and competitive intelligence to colleagues.
- Accurate and timely documentation of activities within applicable company databases and platforms.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced clinical or scientific degree (PharmD, PhD, or MD/DO, MS, PA, ARNP) preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of CV MSL experience, preferably in heart failure.
- Analytical and articulate in both oral and written communications, possess excellent presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate well with external stakeholders and all internal staff.
- Knowledgeable of Medical Science Liaison roles and responsibilities and understands compliance within the PhRMA Code Standards for Interactions with U.S. Healthcare Providers, Federal and State promotional laws and regulations, ACCME Standards, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and all other company policies, rules and regulations.
- Complies with all credentialing requirements for any healthcare institution which is part of the MSL call plan, including routine background checks, medical testing or proof of immunizations, training on facility policies, and adherence to confidentiality and/or HIPAA agreements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Valid US Driver’s License and good driving record are required.
- Travel domestically (50%-60%) and internationally on occasion. May be lower due to COVID / institutional restrictions.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.