This is a biotechnology company focused on muscle disease.
Rare Disease Medical Science Liaison/Senior MSL (Contract)
- Italy - JO-2203-5740
- United Kingdom - 2203-5739
The MSL/Senior MSL will facilitate enrollment in company-sponsored studies and engage with clinical study sites, study personnel, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and other healthcare providers through scientific exchange and with clinical support for investigational products.
The MSL/Senior MSL is a regional medical and scientific resource and works to pair the changing needs of healthcare professionals with available Company resources. The MSL/Senior MSL works under the guidance of the Medical Affairs managing Director and in close collaboration with the Clinical Operations and Clinical Development teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison between clinical investigators and internal stakeholders in support of company-sponsored research studies.
- Acts as liaison between external clinical investigators, Company internal colleagues, and CRO staff to assure timely follow-up of all communications and to be a resource for site support.
- Works closely with the Clinical Development and Clinical Operations team to understand protocol nuances and triage, as appropriate, any insights regarding recruitment barriers or protocol queries.
- Develops, maintains, and manages collaborations with regional and national KOLs, investigators, study staff (site staff and CRO staff), nurses, pharmacists, and office managers.
- Identify and build collaborations with KOLs for medical education and potential clinical research opportunities.
- Create awareness of the Company within the medical community.
- Assists in the development of strategic KOL plans to provide needs-based, value-added services.
- Provides relevant medical and scientific information and literature, within corporate guidelines, for healthcare provider education.
- Provides field-based medical and scientific support to answer unsolicited questions about the Company, investigational products, and associated disease states.
- Serves as a local medical and scientific resource for the medical community.
- Develops and demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of the Company, investigational products, and current medical and scientific research and publications in the disease state.
- Delivers high-quality educational presentations in a variety of settings and obtains feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization.
- Participates in therapeutic advisory groups or Steering Committees and internal project teams, as appropriate.
- Gathers and disseminates competitive intelligence from multiple sources.
- Attends regional conferences on the Company’s behalf to provide feedback on the current landscape, competitive landscape, and continued cultivation of relationships.
- Provides feedback on specific sites and regional trends/thoughts/paradigms to identify and/or inform potential protocol amendments, accrual barriers, patient/study subject identification.
- Establishes relationships with all identified KOLs in the territory; Supplements KOL list as appropriate.
- Completes accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and other required documentation.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced scientific degree or equivalent required.
- Clinical experience within DMD is preferred; rare disease or neuromuscular disorders experience is considered.
- 1- 5 years experience in DMD specifically or at bare minimum experience in neuromuscular and/or rare disease.
- More than 3 years of experience as an MSL.
- Experience with study start-up and/or other clinical trial expertise.
- Experience with relationship building and expanding a company’s reach.
- Adaptability to changing landscape and ability to pivot quickly as new information becomes available.
- Must demonstrate the ability to liaise with CRO, Company Clin Ops, and Study Medical Monitor to provide site recommendations based on prior knowledge of territory/investigators/allied health; participate in SIVs.
- Able to leverage past relationships in neuromuscular disorders to ensure interest and commitment from sites/investigators for study enrollment and open communication re: feedback to the Company.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and occasionally on weekends.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.