This is a biopharmaceutical company that focuses on dermatological needs.
Director of Medical Affairs — JO# 2206-5773
Therapeutic Area: Dermatology-Psoriasis
The Director of Medical Affairs supports the execution of the Medical Affairs tactical plan, including managing a number of Medical Affairs projects. The Director role will demand high levels of cross-functional collaboration and customer orientation to ensure that Medical Affairs plans and materials are current and meet high strategic, regulatory, and scientific standards.
This position reports to the VP of Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clinical and medical guidance while working closely on joint projects with other members of the Medical Affairs team and other departments.
- Assist with the development, review, and approval of promotional materials and Medical Affairs materials.
- Manage the Medical Information Call Center; review and edit responses created by our Medical Information Team and provide clinical and scientific support in responding to inquiries from healthcare professionals.
- Support the planning and execution of advisory boards.
- Support the planning and execution of phase 4/post-marketing studies or registries.
- Participate in appropriate cross-functional and cross-company Clinical and Commercial teams to inform brand strategies and tactics and represent Medical Affairs.
- Participate as appropriate in the Investigator-Initiated Study review and educational grant processes.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- An advanced degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) is required. Dermatology training/experience is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of related work experience is required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal colleagues in R&D, sales, marketing, and managed care.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and proven track record with time management.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complicated assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experienced presenter of key messages to broad audiences, including Senior Stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver scientific presentations.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.