This biopharmaceutical company focuses on therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
Title: Senior/Medical Science Liaison
Therapeutic Area: Oncology
Indication: Breast Cancer
- New York - 2206-5775
- New England - 2206-5776
- New York and Pennsylvania - 2206-5777
- Texas - 2206-5778
- Kentucky and Tennessee - 2206-5779
- California - 2206-5780
- Pacific NW - 2206-5781
- Southwest - 2206-5782
- Northern California - 2206-5786
The Senior/Medical Science Liaison engages in scientific exchange for the Company’s pipeline with Key Opinion Leaders and Healthcare Providers via general scientific discussions of data, conferences, advisory boards, and clinical investigator meetings.
The Senior/MSL supports research interest through Company-Sponsored Trials and Investigator-Initiated Research. S/he provides medical information and education to the relevant medical and scientific community on scientific advancements, marketed and pipeline products, and disease state information in solid tumors with a focus on breast cancer.
The Senior/MSL helps shape the medical plan by providing external stakeholders’ insights and contributes to the design and execution of the Medical Affairs strategy and plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Disseminate scientific and clinical information to advisory boards, HCPs, and other key stakeholders within the medical community.
- Create a compelling communication plan, refreshed quarterly by the corporate plan.
- In collaboration with corporate, work to facilitate advisory boards with key topics of interest.
- Through the scientific exchange of data, develop and foster strong scientific relationships with HCPs, scientific experts, cooperative groups, National/Regional opinion leaders, and clinical investigators.
- Engage in peer-to-peer and physician-to-physician scientific exchange of complex clinical and scientific information, and medical data.
- Provide feedback based on field interactions with healthcare thought leaders to stakeholders to help drive medical strategy.
- Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information by healthcare providers by providing accurate, approved scientific data.
- Engage with clinical research investigators to address medical and scientific inquiries, support investigator-initiated clinical trials, and act internally as the proxy representative for the submitting investigator supporting the investigator through the process from concept, the committee presentation, to a final decision.
- Support company-sponsored clinical trials, including as requested, site nominations, site enrollment support, and specific clinical operation requests.
- Assist in the development of medical communications materials and publications.
- Sustain expertise in therapeutic area treatment management and new therapies, competitive products, and features, and provide feedback to the senior leadership team on specific initiatives.
- Develop account plans and thought leader engagement plans within the designated area of geographical responsibility.
- Present the solid tumor pipeline to key HCPs and institutions establishing and developing new strategic relationships.
- Provide support for content development and delivery of clinical presentations at advisory boards as requested.
- Lead and/or participate on committees or project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership.
- With guidance from management, represent the Company at medical congresses by providing scientific session/abstract coverage, booth staffing coverage, routine HCP interactions, and contributing to the daily/end of congress summaries.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Pharmacy, Nursing, or another medical-related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of MSL experience required.
- Hematology/Oncology experience required, Breast Cancer experience preferred.
- Product launch experience desired.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Positive mindset; passionate; patient-centric; Problem-solver; self-motivated; has a “can do” attitude; engaging, personable.
- This position will require greater than 50% domestic travel, including within the territory, and to the home office and national meetings.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.