This is a biopharmaceutical company that focuses on diseases of the eyes.
Title: Senior/Medical Science Liaison — JO-2206-5787
Territory: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin
Therapeutic Area: Eye and Ear (Macular Degeneration)
The field-based Medical-Science Liaison supports medical and business objectives across the product life cycle. S/he delivers strategic and operational support to establish, develop, and maintain scientific exchange with medical specialists, health care professionals, and payers aligned with the Company’s strategic objectives. S/he may also work with clinical research sites and investigators, and support research activities as directed by Medical Affairs Leadership.
The Medical Science Liaison ensures accurate and fair-balanced exchange and distribution of clinical and scientific information relevant to in-line and pipeline products in a timely, ethical, and customer-focused manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and maintains a list of relevant medical/therapeutic area experts, investigator targets, and associated action plans. Responds to requests for information related to study indications, disease state, and therapeutic area, and presents/discusses scientific and clinical data to appropriate audiences in a compliant manner.
- Performs disease management and therapeutic area education with identified practitioners, payers, and researchers.
- Attends medical conferences to collect relevant scientific, clinical, and competitive intelligence with the purpose of reporting the information to internal stakeholders.
- Assists with clinical data management to ensure rapid and accurate communication of scientific/clinical results through the support of abstract, poster, presentation, and manuscript development.
- May collaborate with Clinical Development and other clinical trial staff to execute plans and strategies established by Medical Affairs.
- Works cross-functionally and compliantly across the organization.
- Follows company policies, procedures, principles, and financial rules. Displays integrity and professionalism internally and externally.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- An advanced scientific or clinical degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) is preferred.
- 3+ years of Medical Affairs experience.
- Ophthalmology (retina-specific) and/or immunology experience is strongly preferred for this position.
- Strong communication skills.
- Track record of working collaboratively and developing relationships in academic and clinical settings.
- Launch experience is also preferred.
Since 2009, TriNet Pharma has evolved into one of healthcare’s largest and most respected agencies for recruiting and placing permanent and contract Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Communications professionals in life sciences companies in the United States and around the world.